Wednesday, September 30, 2009

spike jonze_rampin' up


©Nadav Kander (he's worth his own post)
Where The Wild Things Are is set to be released mid October. Who doesn't love Being John Malkovich or Adaptation? I mean come on? Spike Jonze has been an innovator since.....forever? Sure, well, as far as my creative memory goes back. I can remember seeing his photos in skateboard magazines back when I was 12 years old. Perhaps this is where my obsession originated?

There have been some great interviews with him as of late. GQ's here. How about Thurston Moore's interview with Spike here? (you probably already know that Thurston Moore is from the band Sonic Youth...and that Spike Jonze directed their video for 100% circa '92...but you probably know that and really it's not a great interview as much as it is amusing).

An older video interview here:



Remember that Pharcyde video? DROP!!! Back when this first came out I didn't even know it was the work of Spike Jonze.



Yep. The Beastie Boy's Sabotage here.

Where The Wild Things Are - The OFFICIAL Trailer HERE.

0 comments: